Car accidents happen all the time, even more so with all the distracted drivers out there. Chances are, that at some point you will find yourself injured in an auto accident.
If you plan on claiming your injuries and damages, there are certain things you can do to help strengthen your case. Here are four things to keep in mind.
- The first thing you should do is get the medical attention you need. Your health is first and foremost. Try to get copies of all of the records. Also, keep a diary and note the important details of your treatment.
- As soon as you are able to do so, write down details of the accident. Where did it happen? What were the road conditions like? Were there any witnesses who could be contacted? Remember, details make a big difference in your case so make good notes before you forget.
- Do not talk to the other party’s insurance company. This is in bold letters for a reason because this is the biggest mistake people make. The other party’s insurance company has a goal of giving you the lowest amount possible. They are not there to help. Do not talk to them. Leave that up to your attorney. Which brings us to the fourth point…
- Lawyer up! Get an experienced injury attorney on your side. Your choice of attorney can make a big difference in your case. That is why you should choose a bare-knuckled trial lawyer like Attorney Mike Bowser.
Why Mike Bowser?
- Mike Bowser been fighting for three decades to get justice for citizens like you.
- His is a trial lawyer who is willing to take matters to court and fight. He does not take the easy way out.
- He is well known by all over MA, NH & ME and has over 200 five star reviews from satisfied clients.
- He has won many numerous cases for his personal injury clients including a $1.5M Wrongful Death claim. Just take a look at some of his case results below.
If you were involved in a car wreck and want justice, don’t delay. Call now to set up your free consultation at (888) 517-3482.
Here are some results from cases won by Attorney Mike Bowser:
1.5MM WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIM
Sixty-five (65) year old client was struck and killed by a drunk driver who was also texting immediately prior to the collision.
At the time of his death, the Decedent was retired and morbidly obese, with numerous serious health conditions. Therefore, the Decedent’s monetary loss and life expectancy were in contest and were major factors in assessing the value of the Decedent’s life. Toxicologist expert retained to determine true number of alcoholic drinks consumed by Defendant based on Blood Alcohol Content. Expertise of Drunk Driving Defense to successfully serve personal injury client.
After a pre-litigation mediation, the Estate claim settled for $1,500,000.00. No prior offers.
Injured in Rear End Car Collision
Healthy, active, 21 year old injured in rear end car collision. Client sustains back and neck injuries resulting in permanent nerve damage (occipital neuralgia) and recurrent debilitating headache. Client forced into honorable medical discharge from Army National Guard Unit, left with 6% whole person permanent impairment.
Client settles initial personal injury claim against responsible driver for policy limits of $20,000 but his own insurance carrier will not make offer to compensate him under UNDERINSURED provisions of his own policy, carrier refuses to submit claim to arbitration and forces client to file suit to recover any portion of his own insurance policy.
Jury trial proceeds in Hillsborough Superior Court, Nashua, NH (December 2009). Insurance carrier makes first offer of $40,000 at jury selection, increase offer to $60,000 at trial. Client rejects low offers well below his original demand, which is within the available remaining policy limits of $230,000. Jury returns verdict against insurance carrier of $695,000.
Lost Wages Due To Car Accident
Broken arm (humorous bone), torn rotator cuff.
Married father of two recently back to work following long period of unemployment. Driving home from work, sitting in traffic, he is struck from behind at high speed, resulting in broken humorous bone and torn rotator cuff. Due to personal injury, surgeries and recovery time, client unable to return to work and newly acquired job is lost.
Rather than waiting for medical end-point to be reached before beginning settlement negotiations suit is filed immediately. Litigation proceeds quickly through discovery process to identify all available insurance coverage and the status of the defendant driver and his employer/corporation. Pre-trial personal injury settlement reached early to put client and his family back on track financially. $215,000.00
Low Back Injury and Lost Wage Claim
Middle aged client suffers low back injury following rear end collision. Medical bills totaling $72,000 with lost wage claim.
Defense challenges the severity of the injury and course of treatment including fact that client returned to full time physical work for eight months before lower back condition deteriorated to point requiring surgery, L2-L3 discectomy.
Personal injury suit filed after case referred to B&V by prior counsel who could not settle case. Pre-trial private mediation results in settlement. $180,000
What is the Bowser Law Difference?
There are many attorneys out there, but Mike Bowser stands out as bold, fearless and passionate.
- Mike Bowser offers a personal touch to personal injury cases. He cares about you and your family and how this tragedy has deeply affected you. He will investigate and personally prepare your case to pursue the maximum compensation for you.
- Clients who have hired Mike Bowser LOVE him! Take one look at some of his five star reviews and you will know exactly why.
- Mike Bowser is a ruthless trial attorney who has appropriately received accolades from judges and opposing counsel for his expertise and professionalism.
- Attorney Bowser has over twenty-five years of experience representing clients injured due to the negligence of another. He has tried several hundred cases successfully to verdict in the District and Superior Courts, including many personal injury jury verdicts that far exceeded the Insurance Company’s last best offer.